Our Vision for Learning
Sacred Heart College has been formed by the Marist Charism of trust in God. In the tradition of Saint Marcellin Champagnat, the College promotes a love of learning and the personal growth of each individual within a co-operative and supportive community.
Champagnat Campus aims to meet the educational needs of all students in Years 7 to 9. To this end, we are committed to providing a broad and meaningful curriculum designed to promote a love of learning and the education of the whole person, enabling the spiritual, intellectual, cultural, physical and social development of emerging adults.
Principles Which Underpin the Vision
Young adults can integrate faith and life through an understanding of the challenges of contemporary life within the Christian context and the Catholic Marist tradition.
Students will integrate the many purposes of curriculum through well designed, flexible frameworks and pathways.
- Students will strive for excellence in whichever curriculum pathway they choose.
- Students will have equal access to coherent, comprehensive learning programmes, appropriate to their abilities and aspirations.
- School structures and the approaches to learning will affirm, support and develop each individual.
- Effective partnerships with parents, the community and other agencies support student learning.
- A valid purpose of education is to enable students to move into post-school options in further education, training and employment.
- Relationships between the members of the Sacred Heart College community will be based on dignity and respect.
- Continuous monitoring and review will enhance excellence in curriculum.