SHC Device Portal
Sacred Heart College offers an online Device Portal to enable students in both the Middle and Senior Years to access quality products to complement their education.
Accessing the SHC Device Portal:
Please note: The SHC Device Portal offers extended on-site warranty options as well as carry-bag options.
Middle School Devices
All students entering Year 6, 7, 8, or 9 are required to purchase and/or bring a Chromebook as part of their day-to-day school requirements.
The purchase of a Chromebook will be the responsibility of parents/guardians and is to be completed using the SHC Device Portal.
Senior School Devices
New students entering Year 10, 11 or 12 are required to bring a digital device on which to perform their studies. The responsibility for purchasing a device lies with parents/guardians.
Sacred Heart College recommends that students bring a Chromebook as their preferred digital device, which can be purchased via the SHC Device Portal.
If an alternative device is chosen it must comply with the following requirements:
Runs one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 or later (excluding Windows 10 S)
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later
- Chrome OS (chromebook)
- 5GHz WiFi network capable (this condition is met if the device lists 802.11ac compatibility)
- Runs a current version of Google Chrome (internet browser)
- Runs a current and supported anti-virus software
- Can install a trusted root certificate. This is to allow internet filtering while at the College.
- Survives all day on a single charge. Chargers are not to be bought to the College for use during the day.