Sacred Heart College offers students at Marcellin Campus the opportunity to undertake Vocational Education and Training (VET) as part of their studies. This enables students to earn a nationally recognised VET qualification whilst at the same time completing their South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE).
The recognition arrangements for VET in the SACE include recognition of:
- completed qualifications
- partly completed qualifications (for which a student has completed one or more units of competency)
The SACE Board recognises VET that:
- is listed on the training.gov.au website.
- is delivered and assessed by, or under the auspices of, registered training organisations (RTOs), which are registered to deliver and/or assess the VET qualification.
- is delivered and assessed in accordance with the VET Quality Framework.
- can be certified on a transcript, statement of attainment, or qualification issued by an RTO.
The SACE enables students to include a significant amount of VET in their SACE studies. A student earns 10 SACE credits for the successful completion of 70 nominal hours of VET, up to the maximum number of credits allocated to each qualification. For more information on how specific VET qualifications can earn SACE units at Stage 1 and 2 refer to the SACE website – www.sace.sa.edu.au
Our Vocational Education and Training (VET) program forms an integral piece of the educational pathway offered at our College.
By combining secondary education with vocational education and training, our students have the opportunity to receive their SACE as well as gain nationally recognised qualifications and workplace specific skills designed to meet current and future employment demands. By keeping their options open, our students are able to pursue vocational and higher education pathways.
Our students are able to choose from a wide variety of VET pathway options through a wide range of VET program choices.