- Commencing January 2020
- Permanent Full-time Teacher (English)
The Head of Learning Area – English will oversee the pedagogy, curriculum trends, and assessment and reporting processes and outcomes in the learning area of English, Languages & EAL, and will contribute to building the learning culture of the College.
The Head of Learning Area – English is a Position of Responsibility (POR 2), appointed for a term of three years, and receives a time release of one full teaching line in one semester, and two full lines of teaching in the other.
The successful applicant will also be experienced, skilled and qualified in the teaching of English to secondary students – Year 10, Stage 1 and Stage 2.
Please include a Letter of Application (up to 3 pages) addressing the key areas of the Positon Information Document, as well as the following selection criteria –
- Demonstrate a commitment to uphold and contribute to the Catholic and Marist ethos of Sacred Heart College.
- Apply a strong knowledge of curriculum and contemporary pedagogical practices that support quality learning for students
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and inclusive of all students
- Develop a positive learning environment, which promotes student wellbeing and personal responsibility.
- Work collaboratively to plan, teach and assess learning with colleagues in a team environment.
- Possess highly effective communication and interpersonal skills in developing positive and collaborative relationships with students, colleagues, parents and the broader community
- A full overview of the key responsibilities and essential personal and professional skills required can be found within the Position Information Document (PID).
Qualifications and experience in the teaching of Research Project and Religious Education will be considered advantageous.
Applications must include:
- Sacred Heart College – Application for Employment Form;
- Letter of Application (up to 3 pages) addressing the key areas of work outlined in the Position Information Document;
- Current Resume.
Applications close on Tuesday 12 November at 4.00pm and must be sent via email to:
Human Resources Coordinator