- Commencing January 2020
- Permanent Full-time Teacher (PE, Maths & Science)
The Learning Area Coordinator – Physical Education will oversee the pedagogy, curriculum trends, and assessment and reporting processes and outcomes of this Learning Area, and will contribute to building the learning culture of the College.
The Learning Area Coordinator – Physical Education is a Position of Responsibility (POR 1), appointed for a term of two (2) years, and receives a time release of one (1) full teaching line.
The successful applicant will be appointed a permanent full-time teaching position. They will have skills, experience and qualifications in teaching Physical Education, Science, and Mathematics.
Please include a Letter of Application (up to 3 pages) addressing the key areas of the Positon Information Document, as well as the following selection criteria –
- Demonstrate a commitment to uphold and contribute to the Catholic and Marist ethos of Sacred Heart College.
- Apply a strong knowledge of curriculum and contemporary pedagogical practices that support quality learning for students
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and inclusive of all students
- Develop a rigorous Physical Education Program that is underpinned by our Visible Learning Framework
- Build a collaborative and high functioning team through strong leadership
- Work collaboratively to plan, teach and assess learning with colleagues in a team environment.
- Possess highly effective communication and interpersonal skills in developing positive and collaborative relationships with students, colleagues, parents and the broader community
- A full overview of the key responsibilities and essential personal and professional skills required can be found within the Position Information Document (PID).
Qualifications and experience in the teaching of Religious Education and/or other Learning Areas will be considered advantageous.
Applications must include:
- Sacred Heart College – Application for Employment Form;
- Letter of Application (up to 3 pages) addressing the key areas of work outlined in the Position Information Document;
- Current Resume.
Applications close on Tuesday 12 November at 4.00pm and must be sent via email to:
Human Resources Coordinator